26A – Celebrating Failure
1. A time this past semester that I failed: A time this past semester that I failed was in my ADV4800- Advertising Campaigns class. The class is a demanding, but rewarding capstone class for advertising majors, and is about strategic advertising planning and is the culmination of what is taught in the research, strategies, copy and design, media planning, promotion and public relations courses the major offers. I was managing the project, which is a campaign plan book, for a real client, and my group and I were so eager to please them that we set ambitious goals and deadlines at the very beginning of the project. Everyone in the group thought this was doable, but we forgot to take into account classes and other extracurriculars that everyone had, and we all failed at meeting internal deadlines that we had set together as a group at the start of the project. Tasks that were supposed to be completed by the end of the week ended up taking two or three weeks, and everyone in the group wa...
Hello Arlene,
ReplyDeleteI loved your elevator pitch! It was engaging, informative and even funny! I hadn't heard of your product before but after hearing your proposal, I think it is a great idea. I lose socks all the time and it is really frustrating! I like how you hooked your audience at the beginning with an interesting quote and later went into detail into how your product worked. Great job!
Hey Arlene, I think your elevator pitch was wonderful and your idea is interesting. You included quotes and some comedy to keep the audience engaged. Concerning possible improvements speaking a bit faster and more vigorously may hook the audience better, but those suggestions come with more practice. Also do you know why socks disappear in the washer and dryer? I am interested to know why, good stuff none the less.
ReplyDeleteHey Arlene,
ReplyDeleteI loved your introduction! "Death, Taxes, and Losing Socks." That has me hooked! I would just encourage you to be a little more energetic when talking about the sock catcher. This is an idea that most people who do laundry can use! This is definitely a very cool and interesting idea! Great job!